what is psoriasis?
an autoimmune disorder of the skin that results in hyper thickened, red and itchy skin along with inflammation.
what happens in psoriasis?
- skin cell cycle turnover reduces from 28 days to 3-4 days.
- skin cells (keratinocytes) multiply rapidly and results in scaly skin.
- immune system and genetics plays a major role in triggering psoriasis.
- co-morbidities such as immune deficiency, poor regulation of body temperature, stress and anxiety may be developed.
whom does it affect?
- psoriasis affects in all age groups.
- it affects in all body parts, mostly in elbows, knees, scalp.
- based on the extent of psoriatic lesion, it is termed as
- ctri registered clinical trial with 42 psoriasis patients showed improvement in pasi (psoriasis area severity index) score by 73.66% and pga (physician’s global assessment) score by 3.21 within 12 weeks of treatment.
- this psoriasis product is proven to be safe under oecd international guidelines for toxicology.
- in vitro studies proved the efficacy of this cream for psoriasis in decreasing elastase enzyme which worsen the condition.